unspun is a fashion technology company building custom jeans for each consumer, on-demand. Our sustainability mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by 1% through our innovations and make the best fitting jeans while doing it. We are a supportive and open minded team that is not afraid to push boundaries in the fashion industry.
As a production associate at unspun, you will be working with the production team on production, product development, and fit. You will help us to create multiple patterns per day for our own brand or B2B clients. We will support and teach you everything you need to know about our tech and processes to get you there.
Note: this role requires weekend work. When weekend work occurs, time off will fall on weekdays (e.g. Sunday - Thursday workdays & Friday - Saturday weekends). This can be flexible.
- You will be involved in the key aspects of unspun digital fit and production process by:
- learning new forms of digital pattern making based off of body scans
- filling in on non-technical tasks as needed (shipping, quality checks etc)
- research product fit and pattern improvements with the team
- be part of creating custom fit patterns for each customer
A typical day might look like: working with the team to analyze and produce multiple digital patterns, trouble shooting with a customer that wants an alteration, learning a new digital pattern/fit/visualization tool, meeting with our product and software teams to align on any issues or goals for the upcoming days.
You love working with people. You want this world to be a better place, and want to bring others along for the ride. You are intrigued by new technologies and innovations, and enjoy tweaking things until they are just right. You are open minded, patient, a fast learner, and have extreme attention to detail.
you probably have:
- a bachelor’s degree or higher in fashion, supply chain, or textiles (but we are open to others, or a handful of years of experience instead)
- some experience with pattern making and product development
- a good sense of urgency and time management skills
- some familiarity with textile and garment production steps, denim knowledge is a plus but not necessary
- desire to make an impact on innovation, fashion, and sustainability
We won’t roll our eyes if your socks don’t match. We get it. But then, if you spend those extra few minutes in the morning matching your socks and shirt, we get that too. Our workspaces are sometimes spotless and sometimes chaotic, and we celebrate messy exploration. We work through complex problems but generate simple and elegant solutions. We strive to look at things differently, and never do anything solely because “that’s the way it’s always been done.”
We’re a team of designers and engineers, industry-veterans and serial entrepreneurs, artists and developers. We’re aspiring chess masters, and climbers, capoeiristas and bakers, snowboarders and photographers. Originally spun out of Stanford and the University of Colorado, we now call downtown San Francisco home, with strong ties to Hong Kong. We are looking for teammates who share our desire to work on ambitious problems and leave the world better than we found it.
unspun is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
If interested contact email@example.com with a short paragraph about yourself and why you are interested and attach your resume with any additional info if relevant (websites, portfolios etc).
Or apply on Angel List.